Fireworks are typically accompanied by times of grand celebration! However, for our pets, fireworks can be a stressful event.
We have put together some tips to help your pet deal with the stress of loud noises and fireworks.
- Keep your pet The walls of your house will help soften the noise.
- Distract your pet from sudden and loud noises by putting on the TV or radio.
- Move fragile items to a different room. If your pet does get spooked, you don’t want them accidentally injuring themselves.
- Avoid paying them too much attention This can be difficult to do; however, as long as your pet is not endangering themselves, it can be the best way to reassure them that there is nothing to be concerned about.
- Make sure their microchip details are up to date. If your pet does somehow manage to escape, it is important that they can be identified.
If you want more tips or advice on how to help your pet cope with fireworks and loud noises, speak to one of our vets.